Saturday, October 04, 2008

On MYKU World

for volchin & his friends

True in what I write to you
despite distractions in the night,
the fears that rise behind my eyes,

I love to read your words,
surprising me with joy of life,
confronting all the world's confounding strife


Alone in the dark
I look down on a burning planet.
Points of light that horrify a mind inclined to feel,

that now must reel to see
destruction fueled by power
better meant to build and grow

(earth at night)

But what do any of us know
when faced with this great age,
when human minds reshape the Earth

and space itself is bent to show us scenes
before our birth
beyond our death
beyond our depth.

Our refuge lies
within the eyes
of each we meet,

friend,
or stranger on the street:

as Auden cried,
We must love one another or die.

No comments: